I support DeviantArt! XD

Admire art? Love art? Go check out DeviantArt!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Holiday

I've been staying at my cousin's house since last Sunday when she invited me to her school Senior Prom. Much to my surprise, I had to wear a skirt since jeans have been 'out'. My skirt matched along with my blank short-sleeved top with my dark brown hair let down. Added some lipgloss along with my camera in hand.

It was a 'usual boring' start. I helped my cousin and her friend at the receptionist table, passing out some make-up compads to the girls before they entered the place. There were a few 'plastics' if you knew what I mean... One of them was wearing this maroon princess-like gown with a golden tiara readied on her head.

Oh gosh. :o

Later on, my cousin's friend and some other hosts gave out their speeches. It was pretty dull at first before it came to the food part. I tell you, the food there was excruciating delicious! Later, there was the slideshow of 'Memories in SKBJ' (my cousin's school). The slideshow was at least around nine to ten minutes. After that, there was the Dance Battle.

It was Boys vs. Girls. It was Aunty Hazel started with the 80's dance. Later, one of the other aunties continued. And the littlest girl there, did a cartwheel and the girls won. Hehe..

They had this box filled ith people's names written. Once chosen, they had to compete on the Dance Mat to earn RM 30. It was boring at first before the second game started. It was the Limbo! It was hilarious! And the 'sporting' participates were nominated as finalists for Prom King and Queen.

The performances were hilarious. My cousin and her group of friends did several dances for 'Soulja Boy', 'Low (Remix with Francisco) and 'Shake It'. I enjoyed their 'Low' dance. It was kickass! I gotta thank my cousin for teaching the moves. The 'Shake It' was funny like hell! The 'Soulja Boy' dance was sorta hard to follow but it was cool!

Later, came the grand moment. Prom King and Prom Queen! The finalists were asked to dance alone on the dancefloor to earn the title. The most 'sporting' dance will win the title! The 'plastic' who wears the maroon dress won the title for Prom Queen. I wasn't surprised because she could dance well and she was pretty.

The Prom King was one of my cousin's friend. Everyone was slightly surprised because he won the Dance Mat. Lol, I forgot to mention that both Prom King and Queen will earn RM50 if they danced with each other. I managed to record the moment! It was funny. They both didn't want to hold each other so they had to use the fake rose (that was given to the King) in exchaging hand-contact.

"Two steps only and you'll earn the RM50!" The host, the brother of my cousin's friend, said.

They moved two steps and voila! The money was theirs. Finally, there was the 'Last Waltz'. The Prom King asked his long-time crush to dance with him. And much to my utter joy, I recorded the beautiful moment. But honestly, the King couldn't dance at all. He was just awkwardly dragging his legs but it was cute to watch.

Then, he placed his hand on his crush's waist (he placed his hand on her shoulder before) after gaining permission from his crush's father who was there. Obviously, he was watching them. There was another couple nearby. They sorta did the same thing. The twins (my cousin's schoolmates) kept forcing the guy to look at the girl since he was too shy to look at her. Aww!

I had a great time. Can't wait for my school prom in 09!!! w00ts!

No comments: