I support DeviantArt! XD

Admire art? Love art? Go check out DeviantArt!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sneak Peek

Hello, people! Sorry, I haven't been updating for the last 2 weeks. >.<>

I'm writing a story called Cold as Ice. No, it's not a published book or anything, just some story I'm willing to update in FictionPress.com. And because of my hyper mood, my blog readers have the chance to take a peek of my up-coming story.

Well, I might be printing the papers out and give them to my class monitor, Marcus (Who is dying to read it). Well, I wouldn't say it's romantic since Marcus might get grossed out if he reads the lovey-dovey parts. (Snickers) I'll make it a suspense/supernatural genre. Goodie! (Claps)

Here! Have a sneak peek in the first chapter!

----

---

--

-


Spaghetti hung from the tip of my mouth, my eyeballs felt as if they have popped out of my eye sockets and my mind completely shut down. I hope I don't sound like a moronic idiot or anything but did I hear the words correctly pronounced? Oh God, help me.

In front of me was my smirking mother who seemed pleased of my silly reaction. A strange feeling loomed over her as she slowly shifted forward towards me. I did not move at all but I did dropped my fork. Okay, I admit... I do look like a lunatic.

"Why are you so shocked, dear?" She asked in a sickening sweet tone. I twitched.

Finally, my senses functioned properly. I spat the spaghetti back on the plate, creating a huge puddle of spit on my plate. My mother glared at it in disgust. This is one of the reasons why she hates me being "not-so-ladylike". Remembering what I am suppose to say, I retorted.

"How can I not be shocked, mom?!" I exclaimed. I added, "You're sending me away to--" Rudely, she cut me off and continued my sentence. How rude...

"The prestigious Lockwood Academy," She emphasized the name as I shuddered.

"B-But mom! I don't want to go to that academy! I love being here! This is where I'm suppose to be!" Wow, how dramatic can I be?

"You're going to that Academy no matter what! Even if that means I have to cut off your allowances!" Her eyes beamed devilishly. I sighed in defeat. Why does my mother always know how to threaten me?!! I sometimes wonder if she is really my mother.

Pushing the thought away, I asked her. "Why are you sending me to Lockwood Academy?" I asked, ready to bang the table but I know it will only make my mother burst into a beast. Aiya...

"Because I want you to find a proper boyfriend!" She clarified. Oh please, not the boyfriend stuff again. If you don't know what my mother is talking about, what's she trying to say it 'I want you to have a real boyfriend!' For the last few years of my life, I've been dumped. A lot.

I don't know how long. Maybe... ten times, I guess? Yeah, yeah... It sounds weird. Being dumped for ten consecutive times. Oh, the joy! But I was used to the dumping thing and I don't usually get my heartbroken. I hate being vulnerable.

Rolling my eyes, I protested again. "Mom, I am not gonna chase anymore boys! I swear!"

"Nope. You're going to the academy no matter what." My mother clarified again. I feel suicidal now. Not good!

"Just for one reason?!" Well, I blurted that out unexpectedly. Shoot....

She looked at me with her green emerald eyes. "I'm sending you there for two reasons. One, find a proper boyfriend. Two, I want you to--"

Before she could finish her sentence, my breath escaped my lips. My breath was unusually cold and smoky. Feeling fear overtaking my mind, I immediately dived underneath the table with my mother. In a split-second, we both heard screeching sounds. I turned to my mother who had a depressed look on her face.

"Stupid vampires..." She cursed under her breath as she pulled out something from her pocket. It was a gun. Okay, I can see why my mother is sending me to the academy. She's trying to keep away from the dangerous vampires that visited us every night.

Loading her gun with her golden bullets, she clicked the hammer and was ready for action. I pulled out my gun as well from my pocket and clicked the hammer. Good, the bullets are loaded. We crawled out of the table and leaned against each other's back, clutching on our guns.

"As you see, this is why I want you to go there!"

Black smoke erupted from the red carpet beneath our feet. More black smoke clouded around us. Immediately, we began shooting as dark figures emerged from the smoke.

Bang!

I heard my mom shot the vampire who approached her first. I crouched down to avoid the talons of the female vampire's hand and shot her stomach three times. She screeched in pain as her figure turned into ashes. My mom shot the next two vampire who approached her threateningly. Their figures soon turned into ashes.

Okay, I have a really huge secret to tell you--Eeek!

Crouching down to avoid the vampire's long pale sword, I elbowed the vampire in the stomach before pointing my gun to the vampire's forehead and pulled the trigger.

Bang!

The vampire screeched in pain as the figure turned into smoke. Jumping backwards, a female vampire attacked me with her impossibly long talons. Her growl was icy and hollow. Aiming the bullets to her forehead, I pulled the trigger... sending bullets flying to her forehead. She cried and twitched pain as her whole figure submitted to gravity and turn into ashes.

As you can see, I am a vampire slayer. An infamous vampire slayer who is hailed by the name Charlotte Blackstone.

-

--

---

----

Well, how was it? But that's only just the beginning. Sorry to say but the sneak peek you read just now might be tweaked in the near-future into a more suspenseful situation. Keep a sharp eye to know when the story will be fully published in FictionPress.com

(Grins) Sayonara! =D

No comments: